I whisper through my fingers and through my camera lens, of life, joy, beauty and family.
I always listen to the whispers...they will tell the truth, if you simply listen.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Happiness Project

I recently read a book called The Happiness Project. Dear Daughter-in-law told me about this book and after reading it, I am curious about the journey for my own happiness project.


The first chapter leads to uncluttering one's life. Living a simpler way. I am horrible at organization and decluttering and I know this prevents me from getting to a better place. Gretchen Rubin, the best-selling author, suggests Unclutterer for help in getting rid of the clutter. I pledge to spend the month of July making peace with the excess in my life and get rid of what I don't need, love or use. My first area to clear will be the laundry room--it's probably the easiest room for me to begin with. The Unclutterer suggests looking at inspiring images of laundry rooms via a Google search of these images. After looking at a few of my favorites, I have a good idea of how I want mine to look. Before and after photos of my laundry room project will be posted within the next week. I am so excited!! I never thought I'd be excited about decluttering and making my laundry room spiffy.
What color should I paint my laundry room? 





No comments:

Post a Comment